The U.S. government’s immigration process is quite long and an important part of that is your Green card photo. In fact, the government has a long list of requirements when it comes to the photograph, which, however, can be resolved with a simple visa photo tool online or a free online visa photo maker too. Read on to know all there is to know about requirements you are probably unaware of.
Perfectpassport photos are essential, especially when you’re an avid traveler. Keep your head high with the best online tools readily available in the market.
Usually, the immigration office recommends its applicants have the photo taken from a professional photographer. However, in case, you choose to do that part yourselves, here is a list of guidelines you must follow:
- The photograph must be colored.
- The photo needs to present the applicant’s whole face, which includes from the top of the head, down to the bottom of the chin.
- The head should be centered in the frame.
- The person posing for the photograph needs to look straight to the camera with a neutral expression.
- The photograph is required to be 2 inches x 2 inches.
- The height measurement of your head should range between 25mm to 35mm.
- The eye height needs to range between 28mm to 35mm from the bottom of the photo.
- The photo needs to be recent, i.e., taken within the last 6 months.
- The background of the photograph is required to be completely white or off-white.
- The photo must be printed on matte or glossy photo paper.
- Both the eyes should be kept wide open.
- No uniforms to be worn in the photo, with the exception of religious apparel.
- Electronic equipment like headphones, wireless hand-free, etc. is strongly prohibited from being exhibited in the photograph.
- Eyeglasses are not to be worn, unless for medical purposes, such as cases like recent ocular surgery, in which case a medical statement with the doctor’s signature is required.
The U.S. Immigration office also provides you with a set of acceptable and unacceptable photographs to let you understand the acceptable range.
Hiring a professional:
Generally, it can be quite difficult to fulfill all the requirements in the list if you are going for a do-it-yourself approach. Instead, it’s always a better option to have your photo taken from a professional to minimize the risk of rejection.
In fact, you can have your visa photo online too. With an online passport photo tool or online passport photo editor, all you need to do is to upload a picture with either your smartphone or your webcam, whichever suits you the best and upload it on their website. You can do the rest there, i.e., edit your photograph to fit the immigration office’s requirement list and get your perfect passport-size photo online.
You can also Order USA Passport Photos online too. If you cannot find the perfect tool for yourself, you can google passport photo maker online free, and have your pick the lot.
So, the next time you are applying for a green card, make sure to keep all of these requirements in mind, or better, opt for an online service to do it for you. Feel free to contact us for simple, easy and quick services